What Is Gloeocapsa Magma?
Gloeocapsa Magma…when was the last time you discussed Gloeocapsa Magma? Have you ever even heard of Gloeocapsa Magma? Gloeocapsa Magma, also known as black mold, is a type of bacteria that is responsible for causing black stains and streaks on roofs. It feeds off moisture and “organic bacteria food.” After accumulating over time, the black stains begin to appear. Causes of Gloeocapsa Magma include:
- Fiberglass shingles with limestone as a filler (in the asphalt). These type singles hold moisture for longer periods of time. This type of bacteria is airborne. It can cause substantial destruction to your roof causing shingle decay, which shortens the lifespan of your roof.
Gloeocapsa Magma Treatment
A technique of low pressure washing (soft washing) along with an appropriate amount of a solution, such as Sodium Hypochlorite or Copper Sulfate, will address and kill the bacteria. Use extra caution if you go the DIY route. When not used properly, DIY options can kill your vegetation. Call the professionals – Heavenly Sunshine Property Services – at (662) 342-1203, and we can give you a free estimate on pressure washing services.
The Importance of Roof Cleaning
In addition to removing Gloeocapsa Magma, professional roof cleaning has a number of benefits, including:
- Prevented damage to roof shingles
- Improved curb appeal
- Extended life of your roof
Preventing Future Growth
Don’t let Gloeocapsa Magma find it’s way back to your home! Instead, follow these steps to prevent future Gloeocapsa Magma growth:
- Schedule an appointment with a reputable company such as Heavenly Sunshine Property Services to remove existing debris
- Ensure proper airflow to your roof
- Get your gutters cleaned – another service offered by Heavenly Sunshine Property Services
If you are fortunate and do not have to deal with Gloeocapsa Magma, awesome! Then use this word next time you play Scrabble or Words with Friends. If you do, then call Heavenly Sunshine Property Services for a free estimate!